Life Stress Reduction (LSR) Workshop
4-day intensive workshop for mental health practitioners. 3-day option available to grads of the TIR-Essentials workshop.
Life Stress Reduction is a comprehensive approach to resolving the kinds of difficulties for which people usually seek counselling.
LSR helps clients face and deal with difficult aspects of their life piece by piece, releasing emotional charge and gaining relief and awareness.
The expected outcome of LSR is that the client is able to more successfully and happily engage in his/her life.
Issues that can be addressed with LSR include feeling overwhelmed, unhappy or guilty, indecisiveness, relationship distress, grief and loss, work pressure, and body image problems.
Who should attend an LSR workshop?
The Life Stress Reduction (LSR) is recommended for:
- Experienced counselling/mental health professionals and lay practitioners who aren’t satisfied with the methods they are using at present
- Newly qualified counselling/mental health professionals and lay practitioners who would like to acquire a broad range of skills to handle most of the issues for which people seek counselling and support
- TIR graduates who are so pleased with their TIR results that they want to learn LSR and be able to address more client issues with Applied Metapsychology
When and where is the next LSR workshop being held?
What is the cost of the LSR workshop?
Early registration fee is $920 - 4-day; $690 - 3-day, including GST ($150 deposit to register)
How do I register?
Email us using the secure form on our Contact page, or call 604-315-1750
What will I learn in in the Life Stress Reduction workshop?
- The theory and practice of Applied Metapsychology Life Stress Reduction
- The Counsellor Behaviour Guidelines and Communication Techniques (maximize client safety & session progress)
- The Techniques:
- Brief assessment interview and case planning
- Immediate Concerns technique (current upsets or worries)
- Unfinished Business (grief and loss)
- Wrong Identification (corrects damaging personal evaluations)
- Memory lists (memory enhancement, ego support)
- Emotionally charged persons technique
- Techniques to support fragile ego
- Exploration, Loops, Unblocking and Life Stress List (self-esteem, guilt & shame, stressful relationships and situations,)
Workshop highlights include:
- Role plays and demonstrations
- Students experience actual sessions – both as facilitator (counsellor) and viewer (client). Confidentiality applies to the content of all sessions given and received during workshops.
For more information on LSR training, please see the Training page
To organize an LSR workshop in your organization or community, please contact Pauline Carey.