Trauma Counselling in Surrey
- Are you having difficulty dealing with a traumatic event you have suffered?
- Have you been in a motor vehicle collision that has left you with psychological as well as physical scars?
- Do you have nightmares about something that happened to you?
- Has a relationship break up left you overwhelmed and hurt?
- Have you suffered a physical or sexual assault and become fearful and anxious?
- Are you haunted by memories of something bad that happened in your childhood?
- Do you feel guilty about something you have done to harm someone else?
- Have there been long periods in your life containing multiple traumatic events?
- Are you suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety or depression?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then trauma counseling with an experienced Surrey counsellor can help you process and integrate your traumatic experiences. No-one can change the fact that they happened, but we can stop them from making your life miserable now.
A significant reduction in trauma symptoms can be achieved in a relatively short time using Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR) and Life Stress Reduction (LSR). TIR and LSR are central techniques in a therapeutic modality called Applied Metapsychology.
Applied Metapsychology is a proven method for relieving trauma. It is a brief therapy, structured and client-centered. Applied Metapsychology has been used successfully with trauma victims throughout the world.
Traumatic Incident Reduction (TIR) has been listed by SAHMSA (U.S. Substance Abuse & Mental Health Association) as an evidence based practice.
TIR resolves not only trauma symptoms, but is also used to significantly reduce chronic negative emotions such as anger, anxiety and depression.
For more information on how TIR works to resolved trauma and unwanted negative emotions see blog article “Why Unresolved Trauma Doesn’t Just Go Away”.
For suggestions on reducing the trauma of grief and loss, see blog and video “Grief – Moving from Pain to Peace”
Call or email today to set an appointment with Pauline Carey, Surrey Trauma Counsellor or for an assessment to find out if this is the right path for you to achieve relief from your traumatic experience/s.