Traumatic Incident Reduction - TIR-ESSENTIALS Workshop
4-day intensive trauma workshop for mental health practitioners. A 3-day option is available to graduates of the LSR workshop with this trainer.
The TIR-Essentials workshop teaches several major techniques for handling trauma and unwanted negative emotions such as anger, depression and anxiety. TIR utilises powerful techniques for managing communication effectively and creating an optimal therapeutic environment. TIR also allows the clinician to increase his/her overall clinical effectiveness by readily accessing deeper levels of consciousness in order to relieve negative emotional charge.
Who should attend a TIR-Essentials workshop?
The TIR-Essentials workshop is recommended for:
- Experienced counselling/mental health professionals who would like to expand their skills for resolving trauma
- Newly qualified counselling/mental health professionals who would like to acquire the skills to handle trauma effectively
- Lay practitioners working with clients who have experienced trauma
- Grads of the LSR workshop who are achieving great results using LSR and want to boost their trauma resolution abilities with TIR
When and where is the next TIR-Essentials workshop being held?
What is the cost of the TIR-Essentials workshop?
Early registration - 4-day - $920; 3-day - $690 ($150 deposit; balance due 2 weeks prior to workshop)
How do I register?
Email us using the secure form on the Contact page or call 604-315-1750
What will I learn in the TIR-Essentials workshop?
- The theory of trauma and Traumatic Incident Reduction
- The Counsellor Behaviour Guidelines and Communication Techniques (practices which maximize client safety & session progress)
- Brief assessment interview and case planning
- Immediate Concerns handling (for current upsets or worries)
- Unblocking (for present time situations, charged persons, places or things, or as preparation for handling trauma)
- Basic TIR (for past events)
- Thematic TIR (for negative emotions such as anxiety)
- Grounding and remediation techniques
Workshop highlights include:
- Videos of actual TIR sessions and demonstration of techniques
- Students experience actual sessions – both as facilitator (counsellor) and viewer (client). Confidentiality applies to the content of all sessions given and received during workshops.
For more information on TIR training, please see the Training page
To organize a TIR workshop in your organization or community, please contact Pauline Carey.